Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Carlene Allen

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - When Carlene Allen first met Michael Jackson and his brothers in 1971, it began a 38-year obsession with the singer that would include several personal encounters and trips to over 100 concerts.

"I went to the concert and the man told me they would be in Winston-Salem the next morning," she said.

When the group came back to Greensboro for its '72 concert, Allen got an unbelievable opportunity to deliver a cake to the Jacksons at their Winston-Salem hotel room.

"I went to deliver the cake and the guard said, 'Just go on up, there's nobody there.' So I went up and I stayed," she recalled.

And she took pictures. Lots of them.

Michael Jackson performed in Greensboro at least six times in the 1.
970s: four times with The Jackson 5 and twice with The Jacksons.

Over the years, she had several additional meetings with Michael Jackson: in Greensboro, Knoxville and elsewhere. Allen went to every Michael Jackson concert within reasonable distance.

"Over a hundred, maybe more," she said. "I would do three or four a year."

She even went on a trip to Los Angeles, where Michael Jackson gave her a tour of his parents' home.

"I was standing outside and Michael came up and recognized me, and he invited me and another lady came in and gave me a tour of the house," she said.

"People would say he's just an entertainer. He was more than an entertainer; he was a person."

"I will miss him. I will miss the fun times we did have, even though they were rare times that we had a chance to see him. It was nice," she said.

1 comment:

Al said...

e fain sa ai astfel de amintiri si tipa are poze cu ei de la mai multe varste, super

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...