Friday, August 19, 2011

KIM Wilde




Quote:

Click the image to open in full size.

After weeks of playing second fiddle on the Michael Jackson tour, Km Wilde finally gets to meet her hero. Today's exclusive picture was taken backstage at Mannheim, West Germany, on the last date before the Jackson circus hit Britain.
"He is very cute", she said afterwards, obviously overawed
. Then, modestly: "It never crossed my mind though that we could become friends as he is very shy."
Kim had one consolation after the weeks of will-he, won't-he speculation on the meeting. Michael Jackson definitely knew who she was. Unlike Prince Charles, whom she met backstage.
Perplexed

Kim says: "Princess Diana said she'd like me to meet her husband. The Prince looked perplexed, then asked me if I was 'something to do with pop music'. He hadn't seen me on stage - that's his loss! - and it was clear he had really come only to see Michael Jackson. He is very charming, though, and I do realise that pop music isn't really his scene."
Since meeting Kim, reclusive Jackson has come out of his shell a little. On Tuesday night in London he took his little pal Jimmy Safechuck to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express.
A blonde at the top: Kim Wilde | Wilde Life

Published in: Top 50 (France), September 5, 1988
Written by: [unknown]
Quote:
How was the tour with Michael Jackson?
Marvellous. Watching Michael from the side of the stage was something fantastic. When you watch it from the audience it seems simple, but you see everything from the side of the stage, all the work that comes into it, it's incredible. I have tried to understand how he manages to disappear from one side of the stage and reappear from the other side. I was so close to it but I still don't understand.


Certain journalists say that you were snubbed by him.
I don't support that view at all. I have met him and he was adorable and I love the fact that we had the time, before the end of the tour, to have a talk together. He's very sane, very normal, very gentle and absolutely charming. He has a marvellous smile and the smile is something that says a lot about a person.
Kim Wilde : Personal file | Wilde Life

Published in: Smash Hits (UK),
Written by:
Quote:
Which part of your own anatomy most resembles Michael Jackson?
Well, having only seen certain parts of Michael's anatomy, that does limit it to a few things like his face, his neck, his hands. And I did see his chest once, which was a thrilling moment. My chest is in no way similar to his however. His is flat and mine, um... isn't. Definitely not his nose because his turns up and mine is just... perfectly formed! Hihihihihhhaaaaha!!! His curly hair, no, so that leaves us with just the ears. The ears it is then...
Kim Wilde met Michael Jackson: 'Those nonsense stories sho...

Hitkrant (Netherlands), October 15, 1988

Quote:
Although Kim Wilde toured with Michael Jackson for months she just met him twice. 'We didn't have any deep and meaningful conversations or anything, but he is very sweet. I don't want to hear any bad things about him anymore!' It's too weird that there were even rumours that we were having an affair. Yes, we respect eachother but that's as far as it goes. I've only talked to him twice!


What were those talks about, then?
He told me that he felt I was doing great, and that he was looking forward to the successful tour. And he asked whether I was still enjoying it. And I was!


What impression did you get of him?
He's very normal, very smart, very sweet and very sympathetic. And what's the most important thing: he's got a very sweet smile. You can tell a lot of things from the way someone smiles.


And what did you think of his show?
It's great to watch the show from beside the stage! When you look from the audience everything seems to go automatically, but from the side you can see how much work is in it. And it's hard to tell how he does his tricks. I knew that he would go into a tent and then appear on the other side of the stage, but I looked very close and still couldn't tell how he did it.


Isn't it a bit of ungrateful work, doing a support act? The audiences come for the headline act, after all.
Yes, that's true. And you're playing when there's still daylight, and then people can only see a few small figures on stage. But I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It's the only tour that Michael has done in his life, and it most likely will stay that way. It's a historic fact, and hundreds of thousands have come to see it. Taylor (Dayne, who did the support for another part of the tour, ed.) and I were there as well. They can't ever take that away from me. But it's time I will be the headline act myself soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...