Monday, August 29, 2011

CITATE DESPRE MICHAEL JACKSON



James Earl Jones
He has redefined the term professional entertainer.

Fred Astaire
Oh, God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That’s the greatest dancer of the century.

Vince Patterson 
Sure he's a little afraid of people. When you have people that from the time you're a little kid want a part of you, they want your clothes, they want your hair -- you're going to get a little nervous around people.


Joe Jackson
He wasn't ever really interested in money. I'd give him his share of a night's earnings and the next day he'd buy ice cream or candy for all the kids in neighborhood.

Stevie Wonder 
Michael's a natural. He's a very hard worker and a super performer. But most of all, he's a real human being.

Quincy Jones 
He was like a sponge. Michael showed a curiosity for everything. It was unbelievable in someone so young. I appreciated watching it work.


Celebrities know how and when to produce the right sound bytes. On the occasion of Michael Jackson's death, many celebrities revealed their "true feelings" about Michael Jackson. The legendary pop musician was loved and respected by all, notwithstanding the controversies that dogged his life. Read on to find out what Britney Spears, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Spielberg, among others said about Michael Jackson.

Enid Jackson
He's giving the world a gift, his talent, and, in return, the world tries to crucify him.

Joyce McCrae 
This is a person who has seen a lot of hurt and a lot of pain suffered by -- and caused by -- people he loved dearly and deeply. And he's the most popular entertainer in the world to boot. How can he ever be a truly joyful person? His hurt is too overwhelming, too consuming. He's built a wall around himself to protect himself from more hurt.

Jim Miller
He dances with the breathtaking verve of his predecessor James Brown, the beguiling wispiness of Diana Ross, the ungainly pathos of Charlie Chaplin, the edgy joy of a man startled to be alive.

Elizabeth Taylor 
What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson -- that's all. And when you think you know him, he gives you more. I think he is one of the finest people to hit this planet, and, in my estimation, he is the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul.

Seth Riggs 
He's the most natural, loving person I've ever known, a very good person, as corny as that sounds.

Steven Spielberg
I've never seen anybody like Michael. He is an emotional star child.

Enid Jackson 
If the media would just tell it like it is about Michael, without destroying it and twisting it, maybe he would be more cooperative with the press. But he has been hurt a lot by the media. Even when he gives an interview and the story comes out all right, someone else will inevitably twist what he said. Michael can't win, really. That hurts him. He's not stupid. He knows how to avoid getting hurt by this vicious cycle.

Frank Dileo
He's not afraid to look into the worst suffering and find the smallest part that's positive and beautiful.


Sidney Lumet 
Michael Jackson is the most gifted entertainer to come down the pike since, I guess, James Dean. He's a brilliant actor and dancer, probably one of the rarest entertainers I have ever worked with. His talent is awesome.
Freddie Perren

We were singing the song, and all the time I was showing it to him I was wondering, "Can he reach those high notes?" Finally we took a try at it… and he just reached it first time, no effort at all.

Hal Davis 
Whatever it took to get the song done right, he was willing to go the distance. And that was impressive, since he was still just a little kid.


Fred Astaire
I didn’t want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!

Frank Sinatra
The only male singer who I’ve seen besides myself and who’s better than me -- that is Michael Jackson.

Steven Spielberg
Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson, His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend.

Neil Portnow
Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon.

Britney Spearson her plans to attend MJ's last tour in London
I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!

Arnold Schwarzenegger (on Michael Jackson's sudden death)
Today, the world has lost one of the most influential and iconic figures in the music industry. From his performances with the Jackson 5, to the premiere of the 'moonwalk' and 'Thriller,' Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity.

Martin Scorsese (on the death of Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson was extraordinary, When we worked together on 'Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, and it really goes without saying… a true artist. 

saying… a true artist. It will be a while before I can get used to the idea that he's no longer with us


"I still remember being a kid watching Motown 25 with my family and losing my mind when he did the Moonwalk. Despite what he may have become in the end, pop music is what it is today because of him. There could be no Justin Timberlake, Omarion, Usher, Chris Brown, even Robbie Williams, without the music of Michael Jackson."

Jesse F. Keeler
"I personally love Michael Jackson's music. He basically fronted the entire pop music industry. He took the classic rock style and added a hip-hop flavor, and started a whole new genre of music. The 'Thriller' video basically sent dance music videos soaring, not to mention how his style of dance influenced everyone in the world. He had his flaws, as we all do, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and I think he deserves as much musical credit as anyone else in his generation."

Devin Shelton
2009
"I grew up with Michael Jackson as my idol. It was a family affair. We would all sit around the television whenever a new Michael Jackson video would premiere. I know the feeling I had when I saw him do the Moonwalk. I can only imagine the feeling they are getting in heaven seeing him walk through those gates."

Fonzworth Bentley

"He is a very smart cookie, Michael. He knows what he wants, he knows what he is doing. I have nothing but admiration. Also, he is a very kind person."

Elton John
1998
"My heart … my mind are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest, most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life with out him. I guess with God’s help ... I'll learn.

Elizabeth Taylor
2009
"There was such excitement that he would come. Obviously I love his music … A very sad moment, I think, in the music world. He touched many people. Same for me. But I’ll obviously still listen to his music for many more years to come."

Roger Federer
2009





"Michael Jackson is the ultimate traffic accident. People can't take their eyes off him."

Jeff Zucker

"What I picked up on Michael Jackson - because I study people when I watch them - the way that he counts his rhythm with his feet and his neck at the same time is crazy... so he's hearing multiple things at once. And I don't know anybody who does that."

Wyclef Jean


"If there's anything that I think my generation of artists — including myself, obviously — emulate about Michael, it's that he felt what he was doing so much that his vocal presentation of the song, you can tell when he was cutting the record he was probably dancing in the booth. At least that's what it seems like to me. That type of energy, that kinetic energy into the music, I think that's what we all try to emulate. From hip-hop to pop to rock and roll, I think that there's inflection that he put into music as a vocalist that no one had ever really heard that way."

Justin Timberlake
2009

"There is no one in the world like MJ. Never has been. Never will be. We all know him in one way or another. In some way he has touched us, been the voice of one of our sweetest memories. And what a wonderful, genuine, compassionate, soft-spoken giant so full of love. He gave us love, excitement, one-of-a-kind moments in a mundane world. I can't believe he won't be with us here on earth anymore. But long from now, when we are all dust, he will still never be forgotten. To the best that ever did it! You are loved, admired and respected forever."

Alicia Keys
2009


"Michael Jackson's personal crescendo of amazing power as an entertainer was clear and unmistakable, and has never slowed to this very day! His passing will be grieved far beyond that of any other singer, composer, producer, dancer and choreographer in the history of the world. Indeed, in my very firmest, personal, belief there will never, ever, be another Michael Jackson!"

Don Cornelius
2009
"He was a rare talent that we witness once in a lifetime. One who makes such an indelible mark that for generations singers and dancers attribute him as inspiration. I had the great privilege of watching him every night doing what he did best ... entertain. I am grateful to have known him for the two years that I worked for him and will mourn his loss with his many millions of fans across the world."

Sheryl Crow



"The Jackson 5 were a huge inspiration to me musically and he was such a gifted artist... There is this amazing legacy that he's left behind and well, he's one for the ages, isn't he?"

Johnny Depp


"Michael was a giant and a legend in the music industry and we mourn with the millions of fans worldwide."
Nelson Mandela
"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life. He made me believe in magic."

P Diddy
"


I am shocked. I am overwhelmed by this tragedy. Michael Jackson has been an idol for me all my life. He was not only a talented person but he was unique – a genius. It's such a loss. It feels like when Kennedy died, when Elvis died. My sympathy goes to the family. It's a big loss and it's not even sinking in right now."

Celine Dion


May God cover you, Michael. We all lift your name up in prayer. I pray for the entire Jackson family particularly Michael's mother, children and all his fans that loved him so much. I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael. I have great admiration and respect for him and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and perform with such a great entertainer, who in so many ways, transcended the culture."
Usher


"I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend. Unfortunately Michael and I had a falling out on September 10th 2001 and that broken friendship had never been repaired. I am filled with tremendous sadness and remorse."

Corey Feldman







"I am very sad. No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be a great teacher, pure musical inspiration."

Ricky Martin





"There will never be another talent like Michael Jackson. He was the first live performer I ever saw. I got to see him at Madison Square Garden when I was eight. If not for him, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. He gave me joy as a child and showed me the way to go. He was music. Period. May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give."

Lenny Kravitz









"Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend."

Steven Spielberg





"Words can’t express my shock and horror. He was just a complete icon. I was honoured to meet him, I think any celebrity who met Michael Jackson was completely awed. I know I was. I kept thinking, ‘Oh, my God, oh my God. It’s him, it’s him.’ So for me he was the celebrity of all celebrities."

Serena Williams





"Michael, I loved you and I told you that many times, so I'm at peace with that."

Stevie Wonder







"He was often referred to as the King but the Michael that I knew was always the little prince. Michael saw everything with his heart."

Brook Shields







"Peace to the King. He was one of my childhood idols. I salute you King of Pop. You made the whole world moonwalk together."

LL Cool J







"To this day, the music we created together on Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all…talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Quincy Jones







"It's so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones. I send my deepest sympathy to his mother and the whole family and to his countless fans all around the world."

Paul McCartney









"I was very sad that he died and I was very sad also for all the troubles that he had in his life. He was an immensely gifted man. He bore the burden of being a phenomenon at a very, very early age."

Bill Clinton









"I grew up on his music. I still have all his stuff on my iPod."

Barack Obama







Fred Astaire to Michael Jackson:
You are a hell of a mover. Man you really put them on their asses last night. You’re an angry dancer. I’m the same way. I used to do the same thing with my cane…You’re a hell of a mover!





,,If it wasn't for Michael Jackson, I probably wouldn't make music now. Thriller changed my life. It changed the whole world." (Sean Lennon)







“I like many other artist have had the pleasure and opportunity to work with Michael. I used to try to dance & dress like him when I was a child, so to meet him was a dream come true. He is the epitome of a true entertainer. He has changed not only the music industry but the world. His work will live forever from generation to generation. He has always been #1 and will always be. There will never be anyone during our life time that will have such an impact on our lives the way he has.” ~ T-Boz




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...