Thursday, August 18, 2011

DANNY'S NIGHT WITH MICHAEL JACKSON


Danny and Michael at The Dorchester Hotel“The evening of March 18th 2007 will be etched on my memory forever…. I was playing my regular Sunday evening at The Dorchester Hotel, London when, around 9.30pm security arrived and moved the guests away from the Piano and proceeded to rope off the area.

I was asked to continue playing and to my astonishment, the “one and only” Michael Jackson approached and sat next to me at the piano accompanied by two friends.

It took me quite a while to get over the shock, by which time Michael had introduced himself and his two friends as The Sultan of Brunei’s son and daughter.

Michael asked my name and said he would like me to play some songs he requested. And so began the most memorable evening of my career.

Michael and his friends made around 25 song requests from a variety of artists including Elton John, Billy Joel, The Beatles, The Carpenters and Stevie Wonder and to my amazement Michael sang throughout.

His voice was great and he complimented me many times during our jamming session saying things like ‘You have a real gift’ and ‘Thank you for sharing your musical talent with me’.

Michael was softly spoken and extremely kind saying how much he’d enjoyed his evening and hoped to see me again one day. For me it was an unbelievable experience-to spend an hour in the company of arguably the most famous person in the world - and one that I will never forget”.

http://www.danielmills.co.uk/night-with-michael-jackson/


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...