Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dirty Diana!!!!???


"I thought I was with Diana, but it was all in my head."(MICHAEL, IN GLENDA TAPES)
I've been here times before
But I was to blind to see
That you seduce every man
This time you won't seduce me

She's saying that's ok
Hey baby do what you please
I have the stuff the you want
I am the thing that you need
She looked me deep in the eyes
She's touchin' me so to start
She says there's no turnin' back
She trapped me in her heart
Dirty Diana
*
QUINCY JONES: Michael's songs even if it's on a abstract base to me were some how always autobiographical. You know? It always felt that way of knowing him really well and the complexities in and out of his life. They always felt autobiographical even if it was something he was resisting. You know? It would come out in the song.

Blues and Soul, May 6-19th, 1980

B&S: How much help and influence did you get from Diana Ross in those early days?
MJ: Diana was - and still is - like a overseer for the whole group. As well as Berry Gordy - they were the two. You know, Berry has only ever managed two groups in the whole Motown history - the Supremes and the Jackson 5. But when we auditioned for Berry in Detroit, Diana came over when we were finished and she kissed us and said that we were going to go a long, long way and that she wanted to be a part of it - and that's what she did. In the things we have done together - such as "The Wiz" or the MTV specials - she been for us 100% and making sure that everything was done for us that could be done.
B&S: So she is someone very special to you?
MJ: Very!

October 1982

BC: You worked with Diana Ross...
MJ: Only very special people. I mean, Diana's like a mother-lover-friend to me. She's wonderful. I just produced and edited her next single, Muscles.
BC: Did you write the lyrics, too?
MJ: Lyrics, Music - I just finished that and it should be coming out at the end of this month.




Focus Magazine, February 1984

RO/CLASS: Did the Wiz's failure disappoint you?
Jackson: I was sorry. Sorry for Diana, me, all of us. But that seems so long ago, now.

RO/CLASS: How do you feel about the gossip about your sex life?
Jackson: I don't listen to it. Or read it.
RO/CLASS: Do you think most of the public imagine you're gay?
Jackson: I think most people are smart enough to know you can't judge a book by its cover.
RO/CLASS: But why the flamboyant touches like glittery socks or the silver glove?
Jackson: Because I like them. ( I love him)
RO/CLASS: Are you very sheltered from outsdiers, as has been claiemd?
Jackson: I have to make the most of my time and I do choose the people I'm with.
RO/CLASS: It's been said you now use go-betweens even when the second party is in the room with you.
Jackson: And I have to waste time explaining that?



RO/CLASS: Are you and Diana Ross still extremely close?
Jackson: Always. She's my best friend. I love her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Diana & Michael story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73pOv9uMXbk&feature=player_embedded

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...