Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tatum



MICHAELS WORDS:

““My first girlfriend who I really loved a lot was Tatum O’neal, I don’t think I was ready for the things she was talking about, I was pretty naïve, I’m not joking, I hope she forgives me for telling this story, --I remember her telling me to come over her house, Beverly hills house too, and what she’s going to do to me when I come, all the sexual stuff, and I’m scared to death, because I’ve never done anything like that, so I come over there trying to be mister big shot and brave, I remember she cut off all the lights in her bedroom, open the curtains, and you can see the whole skylight of the city, it was beautiful, and she told me to 'go over and lay on the bed', and I did. She slowly walked over, and she touched the button of my shirt to open it and I took my hands like this, (covered his face) and I wouldn’t let them down, and she just walked away, she knew I was to shy for it, that’s what happened. I was afraid”



and TATUM'S WORDS



Michael was around 17 at the time, about 5 years older than me, & he seemed very sheltered & fearful & lonely--not at all what you'd expect a world-renowned performer to be. As I recall, he didn't even know how to drive a car.


He gave me his number, & we started talking everyday--long drawn-out conversations that sometimes got so boring I would hand over the receiver to my friend Esme Gray. Michael would just keep on, thinking he was talking to me. His usual subject was sex. At 12 I didn't have much to say about sex--all I knew was that it went on, pretty steadily, in my fathers

room next to mine. But Michael was intensely curious about anything * everything sexual, though in an incredibly sweet & innocent way.

He was a huge star, but it seemed he barely even dated & knew little about life. He once came to my house & asked to come upstairs b/c he'd never been in a girl's bedroom before. He sat on the bed, & we kissed very briefly, but it was terribly awkward. For all my passionate crushes on people like Dustin Hoffman


, I was just 12 & not at all ready for a real-life encounter. So I said,'I can't.' Michael, who was sweating profusely, seemed as intimidated as I was. He jumped up nervously & said,'Uh, gotta go.'




I know we've all heard about the contradictions before, but I always thought Tatum was lying and not Michael...Any thoughts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...