Thursday, August 18, 2011

November 23, 2002--Minnelli & Gest Talk About The 'REAL' Michael

On a recent edition of CNN's Larry King Live, Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest were guests on the hour-long talk show.

During the course of the interview Michael Jackson was brought up in on of the segments:

KING: Speaking about Michael Jackson. He had some problems yesterday. He apologized for holding his baby outside the window. What about him don't we know, David?

GEST: I think people don't know the real him. He doesn't talk like -- I know you see it. Hi, how are you. But Liza was on the phone, picked up the phone one night. And he was talking to me and it was, Hey, I want this done. I need it done now.

Blah, blah, blah. And all of a sudden Liza picked up and she went...

MINNELLI: Michael? And he went, Hi -- oh, hi. I said, Michael, you're busted. I got you now. All these years you've been talking that voice. Then I knew in a flash why.

KING: Which is?

MINNELLI: You can't hurt me any more. This is who you think I am. And I can be me within these walls. But you can't come in.


GEST: That's not him. It's like him going into a store.

MINNELLI: He's been hurt too much, Larry. I mean, things have said kind of rotten things about him.

GEST: I'll give you an example. He goes into a store and he wants to buy a painting. The painting is $1,000. He'll go, $700, take it or leave it, I'm not buying it. That's it and he'll walk out.

MINNELLI: I think what David is trying to tell you is the person that we know...

KING: There are two Michaels.

MINNELLI: Is a rather regular guy, believe it or not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...