Wednesday, August 17, 2011

POVESTEA UNOR FOTOGRAFII 6

http://whoslovinyou.tumblr.com/photo/1280/2890444648/1/tumblr_lfh4yjutUJ1qftymj


Michael Jackson, shown during a recording session in May, will have his first LP since “Thriller” released on monday, Aug 31. The album, entitled “Bad”, uses Hugo Zuccarelli’s Holophonics sound system on several tracks. Jackson chose to record the pillow -talk sequence for “I just can t  stop loving you,” while lying in a bed with Zuccarelli’s head shaped robotic recorder.





"I remember the first time he called two years ago and said, 'Roberto, I would like to speak with you. I would like you to help me to change my image.' So this is at dinner in Las Vegas. People can say what they want, but he is Michael Jackson! He is so influential. He was the first with the black moccasins and white socks." Roberto Cavalli   

One Christmas I got a call on my private home number and I thought it was a girl fan. So I was a bit apprehensive. I heard a [high- pitched] ‘Hello?‘ and I said, ‘Hello.‘ [Again in a high-pitched voice] ‘Oh, hi, is that Paul?‘ and I didn’t know how to answer. It’s like, um, ‘Who’s this?‘ and then he said, ‘It’s Michael.‘ I said, ‘Oh, Jesus, what’s up?‘ And he basically said, ‘Do you wanna make some hits?‘ So that started a series of very pleasant visits to our country house in Sussex. We really had some fun times. I had an elder-brother attitude with him. I’d say, ‘Michael, you’re not eating enough,‘ and he’d say, ‘Oh, Paul, you’re so funny,‘ and giggle, and I’d say, ‘C’mon, Michael, finish your vegetables.‘ ‘Oh, Paul.‘ So it was great, you know, I’d take the mickey, and we made some nice music together.”












Secret Santas

I have two press photos in my collection that show the Jackson 5 dressed up in Santa suits, posing with Mary Wilson of the Supremes.


 


The caption on the back of the photos from Motown's publicity department indicate that they were taken at a party thrown by Motown on December 23, 1971, where the J5 and Mary Wilson passed out presents to 600 underprivileged children. Beyond that, I have only come across a couple of mentions of the event. The Los AngelesTimes had some fun with it in a social news column:


 


There was a first-person report (as well as a third photo from the event) in the May 1972 issue of 16 magazine. I love the reference here to Michael's Santa belly. I had never before noticed that he was the only one who added the appropriate amount of stuffing.







 


 



 

Concert after party at the forum club, 1981 







Michael, a lifelong Charlie Chaplin fan, pictured with Chaplin’s wife, Oona, and her family in 1988. 

 


Douglas Kirkland: "This is at the end of the day, the end of a 12 hour day, when Michael is getting his makeup taken off, and this is very painful, almost like someone is ripping bandages off of you. And that’s the wonderful thing about Michael, is that he never became angry, even when he was tired, even when he was in pain, and you can see the pain here. He was never short with people, and he was never loud."

 

 

 

din tabloid e asta, dar poate ca aasa se explica faptul ca statea pe jos,,,curios, nu mi se pare sa arate ca ii este rau



 



 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...