Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ray Charles on Michael

Of course I’ve known Michael Jackson for years. I still haven’t met prince who didn’t participate in the recording. I guess he’s great for the young people. However musically I’m too old for him, I can’t relate to it. Michael is completely different story he performs with more feeling, real soul from the heart. ......When I hear michael sing she’s out of my life I want to cry.
The musicians Charles does admire include Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Barbra St
reisand, Gladys Knight, even Michael Jackson.

“I like music with a lot of feeling, from the gut. I’m into that real, sure enough soulful thing. Now when Michael Jackson sings, I’m into him. He has a light voice, but what he put into it has a lot of soul”.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...