Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Poem RESTORATION, for Michael, from his friend


Who is in the pic: Producer, Writer and Composer BUZ KOHAN shows us a poem he wrote for Michael when he was going through a difficult time and Michael thanking him by giving him 2 birds that he called 'Billie Jean' and 'Bad'. Once again a story of Michael's generosity in thanking friends.

This poem I wrote for Michael back in 2004 when he was going through a very difficult time. I sent it and a day or two later, a messenger knocked on my door to give me a big bag of gifts. I was about to sign the shipping when he said there was more. He returned with a large metal object that appeared to be chirping. I thought, how nice, He have sent one of those mechanical birds, but when I uncapped the cloth that covered it, I realized that there were not mechanical birds, but two beautiful white doves or pigeons, and were very much alive.

Together the birds came a lovely and heartfelt note thanking the poem that I wrote to Michael and telling me that he had been touched by it. Also of note, had a book on exotic birds and bird seed for a year. I took the box with the birds into the yard and called them “Billie Jean” and “Bad.”

One night, an animal that roamed the house , attacked the Bad, and I thought, being so close soon, surely, Billie Jean, would die with a broken heart. As a tribute to his indomitable spirit, Billie Jean chirping continues five years later. Keep on singing, sweet bird.

Sadly, Michael never had the opportunity to sit with me to put music to the poem, and just kept it in my files so far, I hope you can send an inspirational message to the world … something that Michael has always tried to do with their music, charity, and his life. Michael, my friend, gone too soon, but its light will never fade.

Rest easy, dear soul. “Buzzie Wuzzie” (This is how Michael always called me)

The Poem RESTORATION


Big storm coming danger increasing wind blowing from everywhere The air filled with flying objects
There is no consolation to hide No Fury continues Shaking, breaking, Taking Charge, Taking Control swirling, whirling around me Trying to destroy my soul all so pointless I am helpless Caught in the frenzy whipped and shaken pushed and shoved and beaten Shattered When all is chaos all is lost. Cruelty pervasive resistance fades I am alone, the wind blows and knocks wind, you win, I surrender now I disgraced I face defeat. Then, out in the distance comes a tiny beam of light more radiant Growing Growing brighter Shining through the night without end. In a tiny ray of sun comes a shining light Amber reaching all long look at her. Growing up and growing with the sunlight They voices talking loudly harder Talking to my pain and my distress Letting healing started now. Let the truth Emerge before us all lies Let Drowned in shame Let the storm finally disperse to clean air and clear my name. You, my friends, you you hold me when I am attacked are defending Restauráis my faith and my courage When the mirror is broken I envolvéis With your passion when you guide my steps I am unsure For your love I am embraced by the sunlight again I feel safe. For your faith, this promise I will fail you not cheer, I swear No disaster can destroy long as you know How much you worry me. As you know That your love is there.

BUZ KOHAN a friend of Michael Jackson, a producer, writer and composer, born in New York in 1933. Among the many TV programs and special has occurred, are “Going back to Indiana”, “Jacksons Family Honor,” “One Night Only” (Michael Jackson failed performance in 1995, New York), “Motown 25” “You Were There”
Sammy Davis Jr. 60th Anniversary Celebration, 1990, “Gone too Soon”, The 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala, 1993 …


1 comment:

Al said...

stiu povestea , este si in Opus, si poezia care se potriveste si e f frumoasa
porumbeii albi, ai pacii si pùritatii, stia el, Michael :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...